Select a biography of Nelson Mandela to read on which to base your Final Project. The person you choose should be someone who has had an impact (positive or negative) on others and/or society.
· You must use a biography and not an autobiography.
Your Final Paper should be 8-10 pages of written text, not including references.
For each of the following, explain the development and outcomes of Nelson Mandela’s life in terms of the appropriate constructs, processes, and theories of development. Address as many of the ages and stages as possible and which are relevant.
· Explain the person’s life in terms of nature/nurture influences.
· Provide an analysis of the role cognitive, physical, and social-emotional development/changes played in the person’s life.
· Explain major milestones and turning points in the person’s life with the theories that best explain each. Include both classical and contemporary theories and use as many as is fitting.
· Explain the impact of diversity* on the person’s life (success, lack of success, struggles, challenges, decisions, etc.)..
*Diversity includes gender, race, ethnicity, culture, socioeconomic status, religion, sexual orientation, physical ability, etc.