The first three pages of your Commentary rough draft are due this week. This week’s draft should include the following.
- An introduction that catches reader’s attention, provides an overview of the topic, and presents a new or unique angle on a current event
- A thesis that transitions from the introduction to the body and clearly provides the writer’s position on the topic; the thesis should be debatable, meaning others may disagree or have a different perspective
- Discussion of background and other perspectives within the larger conversation, represented through integration of research
- Body paragraphs that explain, support, and answer the promise of the thesis statement
- Effective use of author tags, direct quotes, summary, and paraphrases
- Proper APA style for in-text citation and an end References page
- Three complete body pages (double-spaced), plus title page and reference page